<< 10 days until Ludumdare #14 | Home | Blender and the perfect animation! >>

Side trip to ogre4j

As I had much difficulties importing my ogre-meshes in jme2 I had a look at ogre3d. And I have to say it is amazing! But C++ based… so not exactly my world, but with lots of bindings to alternative programming languages. e.g. python, C# AND java ( Ogre4J )

I had a look and found an eclipse-plugin. Wow,…seemed to be great. But after installation without any instructions for that plugin I didn’t exactly know how to go on. I found some instruction how to go on without plugin so I tried to mix it up what seems to be a big mistake.

So I tried the instructions how to do it manually. That seemed to work until a certain point where a jni-exception was thrown when the Sample-Application tried to load a mesh:

Parsing scripts for resource group Internal

Finished parsing scripts for resource group Internal

Mesh: Loading zuh.mesh.

#

# An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:

#

# Internal Error (0xe06d7363), pid=2160, tid=3812

#

# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (11.3-b02 mixed mode, sharing windows-x86)

# Problematic frame:

# C [kernel32.dll+0x12aeb]

#

# An error report file with more information is saved as:

# D:\windows_radakan\Ogre4jTest\hs_err_pid2160.log

#

# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:

# http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp

# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.

# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.

#

 

Wow,…what an error! And finally even me understand the people argueing against such jni-bindings. It is impossible to see where exactly the problem is. So,…nothing for me! JMonkeyEngine will stay my engine. (And if I really should switch someday I will do it in c++)

BTW: The python-binding seems to be a bit more stable.

And from tomorrow(today) on I will on JMonkeyEngine, Blender and my RPG-Engine again…..

[EDIT]

Ok…after watch in the errorlogs that were generated I found following (readable) errormessage:

00:40:23: Finished parsing scripts for resource group Internal
00:40:23: Mesh: Loading zuh.mesh.
00:40:23: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource zuh.mesh in resource group Autodetect or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at ..\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 753)

And there we are. I copied the zuh.mesh file in the project-directory and not (as it was written in the instructions) in the media-directory. So my fault! I will for sure have an eye on the project also I am quite sure it is nothing for me. And even the following test of importing another mesh-worked without problem…. Argh…I was so sure minutes ago…

Here a screenshot:

screenshot of ogre3d java-binding.

screenshot of ogre3d java-binding.

Export this post as PDF document  Export this post to PDF document

Social Bookmarks :  Add this post to Slashdot    Add this post to Digg    Add this post to Reddit    Add this post to Delicious    Add this post to Stumble it    Add this post to Google    Add this post to Technorati    Add this post to Bloglines    Add this post to Facebook    Add this post to Furl    Add this post to Windows Live    Add this post to Yahoo!
Home